Is it time to replace my windows and doors?
There are many reasons why homeowners replace their windows and doors, whether your house is 100 or five years old. With older homes, the need to replace is often apparent. With newer homes it can be more difficult to know. Unfortunately families buying brand new homes don’t think much about the windows and doors which often leads to sub-standard windows and doors, even in higher priced homes.
Here are some simple questions that will help assess your windows and doors.
A YES answer should make you consider that question more carefully.
- Do you spend time each season preparing your windows and doors for the changing weather?
- Do you install or remove storm windows and doors?
- Are you using plastic as a draft barrier installed with tape and a hair dryer?
- Do you regularly scrape, caulk and paint your windows and doors?
- Do you find it easy to open and close all of your windows and doors?
- In case of an emergency, are there windows that you cannot operate, restricting your ability to easily get out of your house?
- Do you feel drafts around your windows or doors when they are closed?
- Are you unnecessarily cold in the winter or hot in the summer when you are in front of your windows and doors?
- Do you have only one pane of glass in your windows?
- If you have two panes of glass (double glazed), is there moisture or dirt between the two panes of glass?
- Do you have water leaking into your home or into the wall cavity, creating a mess when there is rain or snow, potentially contributing to mildew and mold?
- Are you losing heat in the winter and cold in the summer because of inefficient windows and doors?
- Are you paying too much money to heat or cool your home?
- Is it sometimes difficult to open or close your windows or doors?
- Are the locks and latches on your windows and doors broken, leaving your home vulnerable to security breaches?
- Do you hear excessive noise outside when your windows and doors are closed?
- Are your windows and doors an eyesore?
BOOK YOUR FREE
Please enter your information below to get started or call 1-800-265-1913.